About Us

Schooner moored at the Town Wharf

The Blue Hill Historical Society was founded in 1902 for the purpose of preserving the heritage of the Town of Blue Hill, Maine, U.S.A. The Society’s home and headquarters is the Holt House on Water Street.

The Holt House was built in 1815 by Jeremiah Thorndike Holt. It serves now as a museum and repository of artifacts and archives relevant to local history.

Contact us at bluehillhistoricalsociety@gmail.com or on Facebook.